Our expert staff have experience and knowledge in all aspects of physiotherapy and sports injury management.
Subscribe to our newsletter
How to improve performance and prevent injuries
- Is an evidence based warm up tailored to the specific demands of netballers
- Has the potential to reduce the rate of lower limb injuries, particularly to the ACL an injury that accounts for over 25% of all netball injuries annually
- Has the potential to provide a solid foundation from which skills are developed ensuring technique is maximized
- Has the potential to improve the performance of individual players by improving strength, and improving technique of landing, change of direction and deceleration
- Has the potential to provide the team with a competitive advantage –if there are less injuries more players will be available for selection which can lead to better overall team performance
Check out the great digital resources at http://knee.netball.com.au and get started in your team. Junior resources are available and cover those in the 11-14 year ages.
July 9, 2017 0 Comments
SquareOne Physiotherapists are experts in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal problems.Read more
SquareOne Remedial Massage Therapists are experienced in a wide range of soft tissue therapy techniques.Read more
Clinical Pilates involves the conscious recruitment and control of muscular movements in the body.Read more
- MOMENTUM 2017: A physios insight to a good time
- Working in High Performace Sport
- The Two-Minute Check all Mums Should Do!
- Try out Embody today!
- Exercise makes your brain grow
It really isn’t a secret that I love my job! The opportunities to expand knowledge, tackle new challenges and interact with fantastic people constantly present themselves on a daily basis. So if I get excited by the simple daily opportunities then its easy to see why last week was a big one for me! Last week was conference week!
With the AFL football season having come to an end, I reflect back on my year with the GWS Giants. I got involved with the club across the 2017 season as I was fortunate enough to be the successful applicant of the FastTrack Programme for the Physiotherapy department.
The mummy tummy has become an epidemic. And most women we see are so keen to work it off immediately. BUT - Before you do a single sit-up, you need to check you don't have abdominal separation. The condition, known as abdominal diastasis, occurs when the connective tissue that knits your abdominals together has been stretched out during pregnancy, leaving you with a gap between your abdominals.
Recently Square One Physio has been working closely with Embody in Neutral Bay. Embody is Australia’s first luxury, sustainable wellness centre and it is absolutely amazing!
Physios are always telling you about the benefits of exercise! Did you know there are also mental benefits of exercise? So far there hasn’t really been any research into what kind of exercise is best for your brain though... Until now.
A recent study has given us new insight into the brain's response to exercise, and those ultrarunners and endurance athletes out there will be thrilled with the results.