Our expert staff have experience and knowledge in all aspects of physiotherapy and sports injury management.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Becoming a grandparent
Keeping your back strong and healthy – grandparents
- Reduced strength and size of muscles
- Reduced bone strength/density
- Poor posture
- Reduced balance
- Lifting babies, toddlers and prams
- Carrying a child for more than a few metres at a time
- Bending and twisting when lifting a child
- Assist the child to climb in and out of the bath and high chair by holding onto their hands
- Assist a chair/stool beside the cot (wit the side down) and get them to climb onto the chair/stool then into the cot.
- Help then and out of the car by assisting from behind with a hand under their bottom (i.e. climb onto the floor, onto the seat, and then into the car seat).
- Instead of picking the child up to cuddle/console, squat down or get onto your knees to do so.
- Sit on the couch and ask your grandchild to climb up for a cuddle.
- Try changing nappies on the bed, sitting or kneeling beside the bed, rather than lifting the child onto the change table
- Try to establish a regular daily “quiet” time with the child (e.g. both resting on the bed/couch reading a book)
April 15, 2018 0 Comments
SquareOne Physiotherapists are experts in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal problems.Read more
SquareOne Remedial Massage Therapists are experienced in a wide range of soft tissue therapy techniques.Read more
Clinical Pilates involves the conscious recruitment and control of muscular movements in the body.Read more
- Top pelvic floor tips every women should follow after having a baby
- Check out our new Performance Programme
- Sol has had her baby!
- Have you heard of the Strappt App?
- Have you heard of the Netball Knee Program?
We all hear how important it is to look after your pelvic floor after having a baby - but what does that actually mean?!
SquareOne Performance is a physio led Clinical Strength and Conditioning program that is outcome focused and goal orientated. The program is specific to your needs, sport or activity and takes into account your injury history
"It's and I am awake! I don't remember when was the last time I was awake this early!"
The Strappt App is a mobile app which utilizes the knowledge and experience of an Australian Physiotherapy Association accredited Sports Physio to educate and assist in the art of joint strapping for injury rehabilitation.
The Suncorp Super Netball series is heading into finals! Even though my team, the NSW Swifts have missed out this season, this netball fanatic will be glued to the screen watching some amazing athletes work their magic on the court!