A pelvic floor physiotherapist has normally had special post-graduate training in treating pelvic floor dysfunction and other common problems associated with being female.. The same as a sports physiotherapist manages injuries, a pelvic floor physiotherapist assesses, treats and rehabilitates the pelvic floor to address your symptoms.
What conditions can be treated?
Pelvic floor physiotherapists treat both women and men for problems with continence, sexual function and pelvic pain. The role of the pelvic floor physio is to treat your symptoms, then rehabilitate you to assist in returning to your desired activity.
We aim to help you achieve your goals by advising you on what you can safely do now and we will work with you to individually to tailor a program to meet your goals. Think of us as your personal trainer for the pelvic floor!
Seeing a Women’s Health Physiotherapist at SquareOne can assist with:
- Pelvic Floor muscle weakness
- Incontinence (stress/urgency)
- Vaginal/pelvic/bladder pain
- Urinary frequency or urgency
- Voiding dysfunction
- Pelvic girdle pain/SIJ or pelvic instability
- Back/rib/thoracic pain
- Overactive bladder
- Abdominal Separation
- Return to exercise or running
- Pessary fittings
- Providing pelvic floor and pregnancy safe exercise options
- Improving bone strength and osteoporosis
- Pre-and post-op for gynaecological or cancer surgery