How do you find the time to exercise with a busy job and a family at home?
Lack of time is the biggest excuse why people do not get the exercise they need. Try to prioritise and give something else up..like not watching TV. But if you simply can’t find time get some incidental exercise instead.
The Top 5
• Ditch the cleaner: Save some money and burn some calories while you clean the house. Put on some fast music and go with it!
• Take the stairs: An oldie but a goodie..you’ve heard it before so start walking the escalators and use stairs instead of lifts at all times. Improve your fitness and create some buns of steel.
• Skip the easy park: always park a block away or at the spot furthest from the shopping centre entrance. Get a few extra steps in to make up your 10,000 per day.
• Develop a green thumb: 30 minutes a few times a week and you should not only have the best garden on the street but have improved your fitness, endurance and flexibility at the same time. Bonus!
• Get active: Take your kids to the park on the weekend, ride to the local shop for milk or meet friends for a walk instead of a coffee. It’ll change your life..literally!
It may be easier than you think to get into shape this summer!